Friends of Old Trinity

The Old Trinity Church Association (OTCA) was founded in 1928 for the primary purpose of furthering the interest of Old Trinity Church, to continue the existence of the present Church buildings, and to assist in the completing of the Endowment Fund for the Church. Its secondary purpose was to stimulate interest in other historic churches in the Diocese. By unanimous vote at its 2018 Annual Meeting held in Valliant Hall on the campus of Old Trinity Church, OTCA members voted to do business as “Friends of Old Trinity Church (a.k.a. the Old Trinity Church Association).”

Membership in Friends of Old Trinity Church is open to any person interested in the history, upkeep, and capital improvement of Old Trinity Church and its surrounding grounds and buildings. There is no creed or doctrinal statement to affirm, and one does not have to be a member or congregant of the parish.

The Work of the Friends

Since 2014, Friends of Old Trinity Church have partnered with the Vestry of Dorchester Parish in underwriting and/or providing financial assistance for the following capital improvements:

  • Repair of the leaded window panes in the church (2014-2022)
  • Campus tree rejuvenation and maintenance (2016-2017)
  • Rectory bulkhead and pier replacement (2017-2018)
  • Rectory renovation project (2019-2022)
  • Split-rail fence replacement in the Graveyard and Cemetery (2021)
  • Installation of Fiber Optic Internet at the Church Hall & Rectory (2022)
  • Emergency HVAC replacement and installation in the Church (2022)
  • Replacement of campus signage (2021-Ongoing)
  • Website Development (2023-2024)

For more information about Friends of Old Trinity Church or to inquire about Friends membership, please contact the Rector, Fr. Dan Dunlap (

The Grace Foundation

The Friends of Old Trinity Church often work in partnership with its “sister” organization the Grace Foundation of Taylors Island. More information on the Grace Foundation can be found at